Monday 16 November 2020

Financial Literacy

A week ago on Monday me and my class started something called financial literacy where we would be given a budget balance sheet to complete over 4 weeks. Every day would count as a week but we started on Tuesday. We were given a card that would tell us something thta we had to do, it would be a bill or a credit. First we put in out income for the week then we would take off our mortgage and tax. Then we would be given a groceries sheet. We would have to calculate how much the groceries bill would cost and then takeaway this bill from our balance.  Then we would have a fortune card which 10% of the cards could give us money like winning the lotto while the other 90% of the cards make us pay for something which we would takeaway from out balance. Then on week four we did the same thing but we also got our monthly bills of life and property insurance, sky tv, vehicle charges, phone/internet and electricity which we would take away our balance. Most of us went in debt and I went in debt with -286.49 in my balance. Here is my budget balance sheet. Thanks for reading.



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Liam, I'm Ms Roos from Grey High. Some of my students are doing a similar activity in their Financial Literacy class, and some of them are $40 000 in debt! So you're certainly doing better so far. I'm sure this activity gave your class a clue about why some adults are grumpy a lot of the time. Bills! Good luck with managing your finances going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms Roos I try to use my resources in financial literacy wisely.
    I am in year 7 but I am looking forward to High School .
    have a great day. Liam

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.